For healthcare providers
For healthcare providers, moveUP provides efficient clinical management of pathways and treatments. With the use of moveUP, valuable insights are given to the HCP/care team on the status of the patient and their progress.
For patients, moveUP provides personalised information and instructions to help them manage their symptoms and progress in their rehabilitation. The amount of follow-up required is adapted based on the patients needs in their pathway:
- moveUP COMPANION = monitoring and information, no active follow-up
- moveUP companion offers targeted information and progress reports to patients. Their care team takes the progress reports into account in their further recovery where appropriate.
- moveUP COACH = active follow-up by the healthcare team
- moveUP coach offers targeted information and progress reports to patients. Their care team is more actively involved and takes the progress reports into account and can provide advice and exercise suggestions through the digital platform.
- moveUP THERAPY = active follow-up by the healthcare team, with data-driven validated care protocol
- moveUP therapy offers a data-driven validated care protocol with certain categories, level of exercises and activities, specifically targeted to the individual patient. Their care team can manually adapt the data-driven validated protocol when needed. Patients can fully rehabilitate with moveUP without leaving their home environment.
Optional functionality that can be enabled: interoperability with Class IIa continues passive motion (CPM) medical device. For knee and hip patients who are using a Class IIa CPM medical device, moveUP can interoperate with the Class IIa CPM software. moveUP acts as a facilitator to easy assign a designated CPM exercise protocol chosen by a physician to a patient and to display the performed CPM exercises in the medical dashboard.
moveUP is intended to be used by patients and healthcare providers.
The main user of the mobile app and patient website is the patient.
- minimum: 18 years
- maximum: no limit
- Health & condition: capable of performing basic activities of daily living
- Language: understanding one of the available languages of the app (Dutch, French, German, English)
- Patients who are mentally incompetent or having troubles expressing what they are feeling (for instance, mentally ill, people staying in nursing homes etc) are excluded.
- Patients who are not capable of operating a tablet/smartphone and activity tracker.
- Patients who can’t understand one of the available languages of the app (Dutch, French, German, English)
The main user of the medical web interface is a healthcare practitioner (group) or clinical researcher (group), named by the care team. The care team is able to operate a web interface via web browser on PC/tablet/smartphone. The healthcare practitioner needs to understand one of the available languages of the web interface (today only available in English).
Target population / indication for use
moveUP companion & coach is used by musculoskeletal, oncologic, respiratory, gastrointestinal, cardiovascular and neurologic patients, such as:
- patients who underwent or planning a gastric bypass or gastric sleeve operation
- patients who have or had a stroke, multiple myeloma, covid, familial hypercholesterolemia
- patients who have or had back or joint problems or operations
moveUP therapy is used by knee & hip arthroplasty patients.
Warnings and precautions
Contra-indications and potential side effects
There are no contra-indications or known side effects.
Human body contact
No human body contact with patient or user, due to nature of the product (software).
Accessories/products used in combination
There are no accessories. If the patient has no compatible tablet/smartphone or activity tracker, moveUP can lease these devices to the patient. The leased devices are CE marked devices that meet the compatibility criteria outlined in the IFU for the app.
A device lifetime is not applicable to moveUP, since moveUP is a software application that is subject to a software maintenance plan.
The amount of follow-up required is adapted based on the needs of the patient, via the moveUP Symptom & QoL monitoring tool.
- Enhancement—moveUP enhances the clinical management of the patient because early detection & management of complications are possible via the symptom & QoL monitoring tool
- Efficiency—More efficient clinical management, such as the number of consultations can be reduced
- Compliance—Enforces therapy compliance/adherence
- Information—The correct information is provided at the right time
- Rehabilitation from home—With the use of moveUP therapy knee & hip arthroplasty patients can fully rehabilitate via the in-app care team without leaving their home environment.
Head office Brussel: Parvis sainte-gudule 5, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium Office Ghent: Oktrooiplein 1, B-9000 Ghent, Belgium
Tel: 0800 88 008 , +32 478 39 14 58
|If you have any questions about the App, the tablet or the activity tracker, you can contact moveUP via the following channels – in order of priority: Via the message system of the App. Via email to email@example.com – Via phone during office hours: 0800 88 008|