The Discharge Study
At the request of your surgeon, you agreed to participate in the Discharge study as part of your knee- or hip replacement journey at AZ Maria Middelares. In the Discharge study the hospitals investigates the effect of early discharge from hospital to a home setting on the outcome of hip- or knee replacement surgery.
At the start of the study, you will be randomly assigned to the control or intervention study group.
- If you are in the intervention group, you will be discharged after 1 day in the hospital
- If you are assigned to the control group, you will be discharged after 3 days in the hospital.
The use of the moveUP application during your knee or hip rehabilitation
Before your surgery and during your rehabilitation, you will be asked to use the moveUP application. The moveUP application will be used for data collection during the Discharge Study. You will use to use the app to keep track of your symptoms and evolution.
Via the app, you will be asked to:
- Fill in a daily questionnaire on your pre-and post-operative status
- Use an activity tracker to keep track of your activity levels
- Fill in intermediate standardised questionnaires for evaluation of your surgery outcome.
Based on the data collected via the moveUP app, your surgeon will also receive a detailed report on your evolution. You will also receive information modules via the moveUP app to ensure that you receive the right information at the right time of your rehabilitation.
Price and reimbursement
The activity tracker and the use of the moveUP app are free of charge for all patients who participate in the Discharge Study.
Questions? Don’t hesitate to send a message to the moveUP team via the moveUP chat or firstname.lastname@example.org.