The Geko Study
At the request of your surgeon, you agreed to participate in the Geko study as part of your knee replacement surgery at AZ Maria Middelares. This study examines the influence of the ‘Geko OnPulse’ electrostimulation device’ on the post-operative swelling, complaints and outcome of your surgery.
At the start of the study, you will be randomly assigned to the control or intervention study group.
- If you are in the intervention group, you will be asked to use the Geko device for 10 days after surgery. You will be given the necessary instructions on how to use the geko device.
- If you are assigned to the control group, you will not use the Geko device.
The use of the moveUP application during your knee replacement rehabilitation
Before your surgery and during your rehabilitation, you will be asked to use the moveUP application. The moveUP app is used for data collection during the Geko Study:
During the study you will be asked to use the moveUP app to keep track of your symptoms and evolution. You will be asked to:
- Fill in a daily questionnaire on your pre-and post-operative status
- Use an activity tracker to keep track of your activity levels
- Fill in intermediate standardised questionnaires for evaluation of your surgery outcome.
Based on the data collected via the moveUP app, your surgeon will also receive a detailed report on your evolution. You will also receive information modules via the moveUP app to ensure that you receive the right information at the right time of your rehabilitation.
Price and reimbursement
The activity tracker, the use of the moveUP app and Geko OnPulse devices are free of charge for all patients who participate in the Geko Study.
Questions? Don’t hesitate to send a message to the moveUP team via the moveUP chat, via firstname.lastname@example.org or via (+32) 0800 88 008.